Yamaha Studio Lord
Meet the Dark Lord. A mean, worn and brutal Japanese Les Paul copy from 1980.
The wear and tear is real…. but it’s been rebuilt and plays like a dream. It’s one of my favourite rescue guitars so far. If you’d like to know all the rescue, check out the story here:
Specs: What you see is what you get.
- Blistered paint has been sanded back and the holes filled.
- New post holes and bridge from an ESP Les Paul (almost new)
- Silver top witches hat knob
- Frets were levelled and crowned + fingerboard was conditioned (there is really good life in these frets (probably about 70%)
- Hand built a truss rod cover
- Pick guard mount holes = filled with dowel and finished over with gluboost
- Custom plastic neck plate.
- The electronics covers are mismatched white and cream
- hand made new bone nut for it
- Genuine vintage Grover tuners (perfect fit)
- Korean pre-fab wiring harness (epiphone 3 way toggle, 4 x Alpha 500k pots and 0.022 caps + new jack)
- Plastic jack cover
- Bridge PUP = Vintage Japanese PAF humbucker in the bridge sourced from Leddin Vintage Guitars. “Vintage MIJ PAF 8k Alnico 49.2mm 4 Conductor lead”
- Neck PUP = The Neck has a higher output of 9k – hence the Dark Lord name… it’s a great sludge / stoner rock guitar and that neck PUP really cranks
- weighs about 4.1kg
Check out the build on Instragram: https://www.instagram.com/guitarstreet.co/
Watch our videos: YouTube